Welcome to Dream Seeds

I'm not here to publicize reality. My sole purpose is to paint your dreams so you can see you and them in reality. I'm like Johnny Appleseed. I plant the seeds. You bloom and seed. We are all happy and at peace. Now please read.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

To Be Thank-FULL:

I wanted to right (yes I do mean write with that spelling) a piece about how thank-FULL I am on Thanksgiving Day but I'm a rebel with a cause and that cause is love and peace on Earth to all. And with that, I can't fake the funk. I can't bring myself to do such a thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm thank-FULL everyday, how else could be so thickly!

I woke up this morning with the usual "Happy Thanksgiving", "Happy Turkey Day" and the more conscious greeting "Give Thanks Today". And being the polite person I am I responded to each of them. It wasn't sincere though. Then I got a text from one of my best friends saying: "Happy murder and rape of Native Americans day!" and I thought YYYYAAAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!! Because I love the truth more than anything and at the core that's what this day really hallmarks. Do you really wanna give thanks on such a dreadful day in history? I kinda don't. But I'ma continue to respond to text messages and call my Auntie's crib around the time everybody gets there and let them pass the phone around. Because if celebrating such a day is the only way I can get that good family time in then I'm willing to compromise as I have all my life.

But being true to myself I couldn't bring myself to right a poem about giving thanks on this day because I LIVE IT EVERYDAY!!!!! You should too!

*drops the mic
~Bajá Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment